I am beyond thrilled to share that I have been awarded the BMW 2020 residency. A panel formed by Maryse Bataillard, Manager of Corporate Communications at BMW France, Nathalie Berriat, Director of GOBELINS, François Cheval, Artistic Director of the Residency, Hervé Digne, Collector, Chantal Nedjib, l’image par l’image, Consultant for the BMW Residency, Sam Stourdzé, Director of Rencontres d’Arles and Christophe Wiesner, Artistic Director of the Paris Photo fair has chosen my work unanimously.
The residency will take place from September to December 2020 and the award includes:
- An € 8,000 grant.
- Access to support from experts (especially in the fields of video, motion design, 3D, VR), and from the residency artistic director, François Cheval.
- Production of two exhibitions at prestigious venues for the Rencontres d’Arles and Paris
- Publication of a book included in the BMW Art & Culture collection.
- A set of exhibited works.
- An assistant photographer to support me with the production of the work.
- Provision of a workspace.
- Use of shooting studios and school’s equipment.
I am very glad to share I have received £2.5K from Arts Council England Emergency Response Fund, which allows me to continue to work and relaunch my practice despite having had major cancellations due to COVID-19.
During these months I have also been running online workshops and taking part in an online art auction run by The Auction Collective.
This month I am delivering a project awarded by the London Community Foundation and PeaBody using pinhole photography. Also, BBC Four came to my studio to film the process of making a collodion glass negative of Lucy Worsley and an interview for a 60 minute episode focusing on the Victorian Era.
I was invited by Nunnery Gallery to take part in the London Art Fair 2020. The works were very well received and included in the photography highlights tour of the fair run by Diane Symth. Read more about the series on this link.
During October and November 2019, I have been undertaking a residency at Penumbra Foundation, NY. During the residency period I ran an Open Studio event and delivered a lecture at School of Visual Arts New York by invitation from Lyle Rexer. On the 27th of November, the London Alternative Photography Collective presented my practice at the Science Museum London for the Art and Science Late event.