I am beyond thrilled to share that I have been awarded the BMW 2020 residency. A panel formed by Maryse Bataillard, Manager of Corporate Communications at BMW France, Nathalie Berriat, Director of GOBELINS, François Cheval, Artistic Director of the Residency, Hervé Digne, Collector, Chantal Nedjib, l’image par l’image, Consultant for the BMW Residency, Sam Stourdzé, Director of Rencontres d’Arles and Christophe Wiesner, Artistic Director of the Paris Photo fair has chosen my work unanimously.
The residency will take place from September to December 2020 and the award includes:
- An € 8,000 grant.
- Access to support from experts (especially in the fields of video, motion design, 3D, VR), and from the residency artistic director, François Cheval.
- Production of two exhibitions at prestigious venues for the Rencontres d’Arles and Paris
- Publication of a book included in the BMW Art & Culture collection.
- A set of exhibited works.
- An assistant photographer to support me with the production of the work.
- Provision of a workspace.
- Use of shooting studios and school’s equipment.